Your cart is empty
This is a Texas Department of Public Safety Certification course designed to train and evaluate educators to carry defensive handguns on school campuses. We provide the Texas D.P.S. approved training for school districts and teachers. During the three (3) days of instruction we place students into real-world scenarios and testing. The four core topics instructed as required by the Texas Department of Public Safety (TXDPS)
• Protection of Students
• Interaction of license holders with first responders
• Tactics for denying an intruder entry into a classroom or school facility
• Methods for increasing a license holders accuracy with a handgun while under duress
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive a Texas D.P.S. Proof of Training Form. Completed courses will be then filed with the Texas Department of Public Safety as a part of their License to Carry in accordance with Texas Government Code 411.1901.
Although this course was designed for teachers and school employees that are allowed to carry in their school, it also benefits school teachers and employees who do not carry in school because you will learn how to respond to an active shooter using what is available to you. This is lifesaving information.
This three-day (24 hour) course includes Defensive Carry, Classroom Simulation Training and Advanced Live Fire Training. You must already have a license to carry to take this course.
• ANY school teacher or school district employee CAN take this course on their own and receive this certification regardless if your school allows you to carry in school or not
• Taking this course and receiving this certification WILL NOT allow you to carry in your school. Each ISD will determine whether to allow staff to carry in school and how the program will be implemented
• This certification is valid in Texas. If the rules in any given school district change, you will already have this State certification and training
• For school staff that already carries in school, this course and certification will provide you with valuable lifesaving information, tactics and advanced handgun training.
The overall objective of this course is to educate staff on the responsibilities related to school safety who are employees of a school district or open-enrollment charter school that hold a valid Texas License to Carry a handgun. The outlined objectives are:
Protection of students
• Tactics for denying an intruder entry
• Interaction with first responders
• Methods for increasing accuracy with a handgun while under duress
• Also included is how to defend against an intruder using items commonly available in a classroom
• Also included is learning what common items you should have in your classroom to use to deny entry or defend
• Also included is learning how to “think” under stress
• Also included is learning how to “be prepared” for the worst case scenario
Day 1 (8 hours) Defensive Carry
• This class is designed to train the Concealed Carry Holder in Advanced Pistol Training, Training areas covered will enhance your abilities as a LTC holder. This 8 hour day course will consist of 350-400 rounds fired with limited classroom time. Student will be required to have a strongside outside the waistband holster, 3 magazines, Mag pouch (holder) for support hand, long pants with belt, and hat*. Students are encouraged to also have a conceal carry holster, purse, or, go bag. *Students will not be able to participate without the min holster requirements.
Day 2 (8 hours)
• 50 round live fire Pre-Qualification- 90% (225) score on LTC qualification
• Pre-Qualification Written Test-based on existing LTC laws and regulations (90% required)
• Training from certified School Safety Instructors using D.P.S. curriculum
Day 3 (8 hours)
• Scenario Training by Certified School Safety Instructor
• Shooting Under Duress Training
• Shooting under duress 200 round live-fire proficiency using hostage targets
• Final written exam (90% required)